Friday, August 27, 2010

Miracles of Tide Stain Release

Lately, I have been trying a more green way of living.  Making my own household cleaners and beauty products (more on that later), but today I needed to decide what to do about  2 pairs of white linen pants that my husband stained when the red dye from our comforter bled onto them.  Grrr.  I love these pants.  One is cropped and lined and the other unlined and long and oh so comfy.  I have debated on how to fix this to the point that I was afraid to even wash them because I did not want to set the stain.  So they have sat and sat but then I came across Tide Stain Release in-wash booster when I had coupon to try it for free so I got some.  I have tried it on some clothes of the boys that just never seemed to come clean  and afterward now look almost new.  Still I was hesitant because I really wanted to be able to salvage my pants if possible.  But today I took the plunge and figured I had nothing to loose.
I washed my linen pants by themselves with some laundry detergent and a small amount of Tide Stain Release and......YAY they are white again!!!  Alas, it is the end of summer with Labor Day looming ahead but they will go into my summer clothes tote and ready for me to wear come spring.  Thank you, thank you Tide! (swear I'm not a Tide-paid horn tooter, just a happy customer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment