Saturday, February 20, 2010

Midwinter Receipe Shake-Up

I just saw this post from Simply Modern Mom who has a great idea for the first week in March - Over-used Receipe Swap.  Excellent idea! 

I am constantly cutting out new receipes from magazines, newspapers, buying a cookbook that I read about or caught my eye to liven up meals (probably too much so if you were to ask my husband).  Winter is usually my time to shine for trying new receipes with soup being one of my winter favorites.  With that being said, we are now on the downhill side of winter and my family is on soup & casserole overload. 

What a great way to swap receipes with others who live in different areas of the country and see what are their family favorites.

Simply Modern Mom Over-used Receipe Swap

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a neat idea. A few of my friends are apart of a recipe club. It is kind of cute because they also scrap abround it. It is a 8 x 11 paper with the recipe printed on or glued on then they take the theme and decorate the paper with die-cuts. My friend had salsa so she did the turquoise colors, really southwesty. It looked so so cute. Anyway, when you get all the one's from your friend's overtime along with your own you have this really cute handmade cookbook with scrapn' inspiration. I loved it but not enough to commit for the year, lol. I am jealous though of hers everytime I see it or when she gets the new ones. Plus I think that your blog is looking very cute. This is really all you need and as you go you change things or add pictures. Good job Shirley!!

    ReplyDelete